Sony Xperia ZL was released earlier this year. It has the same specs as the Xperia Z – 5″ display with a 1080x1920p resolution with Sony’s Bravia Engine 2, 1.5 GHz Quad core Snapdragon S4 processor, 2 GB of RAM, 16 GB of internal storage which can be expanded with a microSD card. However it is not water and dust proof like the Xperia Z. Additionally, it uses IR technology to use the phone as a remote control for a television.
Sony Xperia Z1 is Sony’s latest flagship device with the amazing 20.7MP camera. The camera app has already been ported to Xperia Z and Xperia Z Ultra. It is also available for the Xperia ZL with features such as Info Eye, Augmented Reality effects, Timeshift mode, Manual Mode, Social Cast mode, Automatic mode. To install these features on the Xperia ZL, follow the instructions given below.
Note: This mod has been successfully tested on stock ROM. However it might not work on all the ROMs.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your device getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Xperia ZL:
- Make a Backup of the data on your device
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android and Email
- Xperia ZL Bootloader unlocked
- Xperia ZL must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- Camera App zip file
Steps to Install Camera App on Xperia ZL:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the Camera App zip file. Transfer it on your Android.
- Switch off the device and boot the device into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip ” and then “Select zip”. Choose the Camera App zip file.
- Go to “Advanced” and then select “Fix Permissions”.
- Reboot the device.
- Now go to Settings >> Applications >> All Apps. Force close and clear data of the Camera and Camera Common apps. Done!