The Google Play version of the LG G Pad 8.3 has started receiving the OTA update of the Android 5.0. It becomes the latest device after the Nexus series and the Moto series to get the official update. The OTA update is around 400 MB in size so be sure of freeing up the space!
The G Pad has a 8.3″ display and is powered by a Snapdragon 600 processor and 2GB of RAM. It has great specs and installing the latest Android update will make it even better.
A guide to install the OTA update is given below.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your G Pad 8.3:
- Make a Backup of the SMSs, Call logs and Contacts using the Super Backup App
- Make a Backup of the data on your phone
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android and Email
Steps to install Android 5.0 on G Pad 8.3:
- Connect to a Wi-Fi network.
- Go to Settings >> More >> About device >> Software update >> Check for updates.
- Tap OK.
- Your device will automatically start downloading the software update. Once complete, select Continue and the device will restart.
- Please wait until your phone reboots completely, and then select Done to finish.