Samsung Galaxy Note Edge has a 5.6″ Super AMOLED screen with curves over the right side of the phone, creating an independant display area used for various menus, widgets and notifications. The device is powered by a 2.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snadragon 805 processor, 3GB of RAM and has either 32GB or 64GB of internal storage. It features a 16P camera, heart rate monitor and 3000mAh battery.
XDA developers have created a mod for this device using which you can get a full screen caller ID. The mod is available in the form of a flashable zip file, which can be installed using any custom recovery. A step by step guide for the same has been given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Note Edge:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Note Edge must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- Caller ID zip file
Steps to install the mod on Note Edge:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the caller ID zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Next, wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Go to ”Install zip”, then “Select zip”. Choose the caller ID zip file.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.