LG G3 features a 5.5″ QHD IPS LCD with a resolution of 1440×2560. The device is powered by a 2.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2GB or 3GB of RAM depending on the model. Internal storage is available in either 16GB or 32GB. The G3 also features a 13MP camera, with “laser autofocus”, giving it a claimed fastest autofocus time of any smartphone.
The G3 already has an excellent camera but you can further enhance it by using a camera mod. This mod has been created by XDA developers and it is only useful for stock ROMs. It can be used on both KitKat and Lollipop ROMs. The guide to install the mod is given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your Smartphone getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Pre-requisites and Backing up your G3:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install camera mod on G3:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the camera mod zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the camera mod zip file.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.