Samsung Galaxy Note 4 features an impressive 5.7″ 1440 x 2560 QHD Super AMOLED display, 2.7Ghz quad-core processor, 3GB of RAM and 32GB internal storage. The Galaxy Note 4 shooter comes in at 16MP with optical image stabilisation and 4K video recording. The exterior features a faux leather texture backing and metal casing.
XDA Developer kevinrocksman has created a camera mod for the Note 4 which will improve the camera quality of the Note 4. He has brought about the following changes – turned JPEG quality up to 100% from 96%, changed dual FHD max record time from 5 minutes to 10 minutes, changed dual HD max record time from 10 minutes to 30 minutes, changed UHD max record time from 5 minutes to 30 minutes, changed smooth motion max record time from 10 minutes to 30 minutes, changed smooth motion from 28mbit to 40mbit. Follow the guide to install this mod on the Note 4.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your Smartphone getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Note: This MOD is for the Snapdragon version of the Galaxy Note 4
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Note 4:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Note 4 must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- 3 Camera mod zip files
Steps to install camera mod on Note 4:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the camera mod zip files and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose one of the camera mod zip file.
- Follow steps 4 and 5 for the other two files.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.