The Sony Xperia Z2 is a high-end Android device released in March 2014. The Z2 is water and dust-proof with an IP rating of 55 and IP58. The device has a 5.2″ IPS LCD display, with a resolution of 1920×1080. it’s powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, with 3GB of RAM, 16GB internal storage and a microSD slot. The Z2 has a 20.7MP camera, with 4K video recording at 60 frames/second. All this is powered by a 3200mAh battery.
XDA Recognized Developer olokos has created a mod for the Xperia Z2 which will increase the LED brightness of the device. It has been previously tested on Z1 and Z1 Compact and now Z2 has got this mod. Follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your Smartphone getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Android device:
- Make a Backup of the SMSs, Call logs and Contacts using the Super Backup App
- Make a Backup of the data on your phone
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Xperia Z2 must be rooted
- Custom Recovery installed
- LED Brightness zip file
- Download the LED Brightness zip file and transfer it to your device.
- Now boot in to the Custom Recovery.
- Go to “Wipe cache partition” and clear the cache.
- Now go to “Advanced options” and delete the dalvik cache.
- Go to “Install custom zip” and select LED Brightness file.
- After a few seconds the process will be completed. Just reboot the phone.