Xperia Z3 runs on a 2.5Ghz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, 3GB of RAM, 16GB internal storage and a 2600mAh battery. The 5.2″ IPS LCD display has a 1080p resolution and utilises Sony’s Triluminuous backlighting technology. The Xperia Z3 is also IP65 and IP68 compliant.
Previously, we saw how to increase the brightness of the LED on Xperia Z1 and Z2. A similar mod is available for the Z3 as well. It is developed by XDA Recognized Developer olokos. To try out this mod, follow the instructions given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your Smartphone getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Android device:
- Make a Backup of the SMSs, Call logs and Contacts using the Super Backup App
- Make a Backup of the data on your phone
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Xperia Z3 must be rooted
- Custom Recovery installed
- LED Brightness zip file
- Download the LED Brightness zip file and transfer it to your device.
- Now boot in to the Custom Recovery.
- Go to “Wipe cache partition” and clear the cache.
- Now go to “Advanced options” and delete the dalvik cache.
- Go to “Install custom zip” and select LED Brightness file.
- After a few seconds the process will be completed. Just reboot the phone.