The Sony Xperia SP was released in April 2013. It is powered by a dual-core Snapdragon processor with a 1.7 GHz clock speed per core. The Xperia SP uses a 4.6″ screen with a 720p resolution. The Sony Xperia SP has an 8 MP rear camera that is capable of recording 1080p. The camera is also capable of a digital zoom up to 16x.
A special mod is available for this device which will let you use the Sense 4.0 style taskswitcher on your device. This is especially useful if you are bored of the same UI and need a welcome change. XDA member kuriboo has come up with this mod which brings about a much better looking UI for the Xperia SP. Follow the instructions given below to install it on your device.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your Smartphone getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Note: This MOD might not work on all the ROMs.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Sony Xperia SP:
- Make a Backup of the SMSs, Call logs and Contacts using the Super Backup App
- Make a Backup of the data on your phone
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Sony Xperia SP bootloader must unlocked
- Sony Xperia SP must be rooted
- CWM recovery installed
- Taskswitcher zip file
- Download the Taskswitcher zip file and transfer it to your device.
- Now boot in to the CWM Recovery.
- Go to “Wipe cache partition” and clear the cache.
- Now go to “Advanced options” and delete the dalvik cache.
- Go to “Install custom zip” and select the file downloaded in step 1.
- After a few seconds the process will be completed. Just reboot the phone.