Earlier this month, Sony announced the latest flagship device the Xperia Z3. The Z3 had the new PS4 Remote Play feature. This feature allows you to use your Xperia Device as a Second Screen for the PlayStation 4 anytime and anywhere. Sony announced that PS4 Remote Play wont be coming to any other devices. But XDA Developer XperiaPlaystation has been able to port this device to all the Android devices and not only the Xperia ones. This feature should work on all devices running on Android 4.0 and above. Follow the instructions given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your Smartphone getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Android device:
- Make a Backup of the SMSs, Call logs and Contacts using the Super Backup App
- Make a Backup of the data on your phone
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Android device must be rooted
- Custom Recovery installed
- Android must be running on ICS+(4.0)
- PS4 Remote Play zip file
- PlayStation APK file
- Download the PS4 Remote Play zip file and PlayStation APK file and transfer it to your device.
- Now boot in to the Custom Recovery.
- Go to “Wipe cache partition” and clear the cache.
- Now go to “Advanced options” and delete the dalvik cache.
- Go to “Install custom zip” and select PS4 Remote Play file.
- After a few seconds the process will be completed. Just reboot the phone.
- Now using a file manager, install the PlayStation APK file just like a normal APK.
- After you install the App, when you go to the “Connect to PS4” Tab, you will notice that there will be a small logo for Remote Play which isn’t there normally.
- When the “PS Remote Play App” comes, if Play Store says it’s incompatible, this build.prop might make it compatible for your device.
- Copy this build.prop to your system folder using a root exploring app and set permisssions to 0644.
If you have any queries, head over to this forum.