HTC launched the HTC One Google Edition smartphone a few months after launching the Sense based HTC One. And though the new HTC Sense does come with a lot of attractive features, many users prefer the stock Android that the Google Play edition HTC One offers. However, HTC One users can install both the Sense and Google Play Edition ROMs on their phones and easily switch between them using a mod called MoDaCo.SWITCH.
MoDaCo.SWITCH is a unique ROM concept for the HTC One which allows you to have two ROMs on your device (Sense and Google Play Edition) but maintaining a single set of data that is shared between the two. This is particularly useful as while changing ROMs, users are often required to wipe data, thus resulting in the loss of it. The concept is still in the beta stage and does have some bugs:
- MMS / Call Log data is not shared between the ROMs
- An European WWE unlocked HTC One running the 2.24 ROM
- Rooted HTC One
- Beta 1 install zip
- Beta 1 to Beta 10 update zip
- SuperSU 1.51 root package
- Custom recovery installed (eg CWM)
Now follow the below steps:
Disclaimer: No member of this site is responsible for any bricked devices. Follow this tutorial at your own risk.
- Download and copy the files to the root of the internal storage of your device.
- Turn off your device by holding down the power button until it turns off.
- Enter recovery by pressing the power button while holding the volume down button and using the volume and power keys to select the “Recovery” option. You can follow this Custom Recovery guide to familiarize yourself with the various custom recovery functions.
- Then perform full data wipe task. To do so, click “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- Now go to “Install zip from SD card” and then “Select zip from SD card”. Select the SWITCH Beta 1 zip.
- Now again “Select zip from SD card” and choose the SWITCH Beta 10 update zip.
- Now again “Select zip from SD card” and choose the root zip.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone. If prompted to fix root select “Do Not Fix”.
- After you have installed and booted, you should complete the Sense setup wizard, but don’t set up your accounts at this point.When you have completed the startup wizard, open the settings application, and in the power menu, disable fast boot.
- Next, run Switch from the app drawer to do an initial switch to the Google Play edition. You will then be taken through the Google setup wizard. You may now configure your accounts. After completing this wizard, you can switch back to Sense if u wish.