LG Nexus 5 was launched few days ago along with Android 4.4 KitKat. It has all the specifications of a high-end device. It has a 4.95″ True HD IPS Plus display with a resolution of 1080 x 1920 (445 ppi). It is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 2.3GHz quad-core processor, 2GB of RAM and an Adreno 330 GPU. As of now, it is the only device to run on official Android 4.4 KitKat.
Nexus 5 has a 8MP primary camera with Optical Image Stabilization. XDA member Jishnu Sur has added some tweaks to the camera which will result in better image, audio and video quality. Some of the changes made are – JPEG Quality to set to 100 %, JPEG Compression set to 0, Medium Quality JPEG’s set to 100, Low Quality JPEG’s set to 100, increased picture color tune to warmer side, Audio Bitrate Set to Max possible i.e 288000kbit/s and many more. Follow the instructions given below to install this mod.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your Smartphone getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Nexus 5:
- Create a Nandroid Backup
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to install camera mod on Nexus 5:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the camera mod zip file and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the camera mod zip file.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.