Over the past few weeks, we have Apple releasing out several beta iterations of the upcoming iOS 7 and at present it is reported that Apple has seeded out the iOS 7 beta 5 to developers just a while ago. This latest update arrives after the release of beta 4 and the company appears to be making significant advancements with respect to their newest mobile operating system.
Currently the iOS 7 Beta 5 is available for all the registered Apple developers via the Dev Center and OTA. The individuals are allowed to install this by visiting the Software Update section in the Settings app. This can be performed on proper devices which currently employ iOS 7.
The following list describes and highlights some of the major changes that appear in the iOS 7 beta 5:
- Complete overhaul by redesigning the Icons in Settings app
- Ability to disable Control Center in apps
- System-wide performance improvements
- Revamped ‘Power off’ slider and remodelled buttons in Phone app’s in-call screen
- Animation speeds and reliability are smooth
- App Store app now displays a + for universal apps
- New on/off switch for labels in Settings > General > Accessibility
- Tweaked Blurs and transparency effects across entire OS. Also Tweaked options in Camera app
- Banner notifications with the appearance of a pull-down UI to display Notification Center
- New system-wide Twitter icon, Yahoo! branding in Notification Center(for stocks, weather)
- Skype now compatible with iOS 7 beta 5
- Messages conversation just display the first name (Option to change in Mail, Contacts, Calendars settings)
The changes that have been incorporated in the iOS 7 beta 5 highlight some targeted changes towards improving user experience within the operating system than going overboard and changing everything or revamping every feature. From the old beta versions, we have seen several UI tweaks and changes throughout the operating system; however there has been no sign of any particularized major features. But based on rumors, it was believed that it had the presence of the rumored fingerprint sensor.
The iOS 7 Beta 5 is available for the respective compatible iPhones, iPads and iPod touch models.