The Sony Xperia ZL comes with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, which can be upgraded to Android 4.2. The 5″ display uses a 1080x1920p resolution with Sony’s Bravia Engine 2. The 1.5 GHz Snapdragon S4 processor is quad-core. The Xperia ZL uses 2 GB of RAM, with 16 GB of internal storage which can be expanded with a microSD card.
It is great device but there have been some complaints regarding the audio quality of this device. There is a PureXAudio mod available due to the efforts of XDA developer ZeroInfinity which will improve the overall sound quality of the Xperia ZL. This mod is also available for the Sony Xperia Z. PureXAudio makes some tweaks – new audio effects/presets, more anti-aliasing, less noise, improved audio resolution, less clipping, very low audio latency, etc. Follow the instructions given below to install it on your Xperia ZL.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your Smartphone getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Xperia ZL:
- Make a Backup of the SMSs, Call logs and Contacts using the Super Backup App
- Make a Backup of the data on your phone
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Xperia ZL bootloader must be unlocked
- Xperia ZL must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- PureXAudio zip file
Steps to Install PureXAudio MOD on Xperia ZL:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the PureXAudio zip file and place it on the SD card of the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip from SD card” and then “Select zip from SD card”. Choose the file downloaded in step 2.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.