Sony Xperia Z is Sony’s flagship device for 2013. It has excellent specifications – Quad-core 1.5 GHz Krait processor, Adreno 320 GPU, 2GB RAM. Along with this, the waterproof and dustproof feature makes this phone more appealing. Xperia Z is – IP57 certified. It is water resistant up to 1 meter and 30 minutes. The presence of the 13 MP camera adds some impressive specifications to this phone.
Considering all the specs, some users were disappointed with the sound quality of the Sony Xperia Z. We have already seen, how you can increase the speaker volume on the Sony Xperia Z. Now there is another mod which can improve the overall sound quality of the Xperia Z – PureXAudio. This mod introduces some new features – new audio effects/presets, more anti-aliasing, less noise, improved audio resolution, less clipping, very low audio latency and much more. Follow the guide given below to install this MOD on Sony Xperia Z.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your Smartphone getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Xperia Z:
- Make a Backup of the SMSs, Call logs and Contacts using the Super Backup App
- Make a Backup of the data on your phone
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Xperia Z bootloader must be unlocked
- Xperia Z must be rooted
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- PureXAudio zip file
Steps to Install PureXAudio MOD on Xperia Z:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the PureXAudio zip file and place it on the SD card of the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip from SD card” and then “Select zip from SD card”. Choose the file downloaded in step 2.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.
- If you want to revert back from this mod, download this file and perform steps 3 to 6.