After Rooting your android phone one of the first things that you need to do is flash a custom recovery. Recovery Mode recovery refers to the dedicated, bootable partition that has the recovery console installed. Often it can be accessed by pressing a particular set of keys in combination with the power button. Recovery is necessary for flashing any custom ROMs/MODs , making system backups, restoring system, etc.
What if there was a single easy method to flash custom recovery in almost all devices? Wouldn’t it be just so convenient? Our friend LEDelete at XDA developers forum has developed an application called Recovery X. Recovery X is a tool which runs on windows and can be used to flash recovery for over 100 devices. However this tool is only available for windows users.
The list of devices that are supported by Recovery X are as Follows:
RecoveryX can flash the following recoverys based on the devices:
- ClockWorkMod Recovey
- Amon-Ra Recovery
Now I’ll explain how to use this amazing application.
- Rooted device
- Busy box
- USB debugging enabled
- Unzip the package on desktop and run the “RecoveryX.exe”
- Select your device from the list of devices
- Then choose the recovery of your choice and click next.(for some devices only one recovery might be available)
- Then the application will download the recovery from its server and once the download is done it will prompt you to click next.
- Now attach your phone to the PC using the USB cable.
- The application will flash the recovery to your device, as easy as that!