HTC One is HTC’s flagship device for the year 2013. The Verizon variation features a powerful quad-core 1.7 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 processor, 2 GB of RAM and 32 GB of storage. The display comes in at 4.7″, with a 1080p resolution and Super LCD 3 technology, with 468 pp. The camera is a 4 MP “Ultrapixel” camera with an f/2 lens and large pixels. The battery has reasonable capacity at 2300 mAh.
Although it comes power packed with some excellent features, there are some pre-installed apps known as bloatware that come with the Verizon HTC One. XDA developer has managed to find a way to remove all the bloatware apps very easily at one go, instead of uninstalling them one by one. It should be noted that following this guide will remove all the apps that come pre-installed with the Verizon HTC One. So follow this guide very carefully.
This guide is only for the Verizon HTC One. Do not use it for any other carriers or variants.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your Smartphone getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Verizon HTC One:
- Make a Backup of the SMSs, Call logs and Contacts using the Super Backup App
- Make a Backup of the data on your phone
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Verizon HTC One Bootloader unlocked
- Verizon HTC One must be rooted
- Custom recovery like CWM or TWRP installed
- Verizon HTC One Bloatware Remover zip file
Steps to Remove Bloatware on Verizon HTC One:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the Verizon HTC One Bloatware Remover zip file and place it on the root of the SD card. Root of the SD card means it should not be placed within any folder.
- Go in to the recovery mode.
- Go to “Wipe cache partition” and clear the cache.
- Go to “Advanced” and delete the dalvik cache.
- Now select “Install zip from SD card” and then “Select zip from SD card”. Choose the file that was downloaded in step 2.
- Go back and just reboot the phone.
Once you reboot your phone, you will see all the bloatware will be removed.