During the time that an individual uses the iOS devices, there may be instances that sometime a specific app on the respective device freezes or doesn’t respond as previously. In such a situation restarting the device may help in sorting the current issue, however if this is not facilitated by restarting the phone then the user will have to reset the device back to its original settings.
In completely other situation in some cases there would be urgency associated to just wipe off the data from the handset. This might be in the case of a critical scenario where the valuable information is of significant importance to the user & the individual doesn’t want to share this information with the other individuals. In such cases, this procedure will help a great deal in carrying out the necessary task to wipe off the iOS device and remove all of its Content & Settings. Thus, iTunes is not needed in such a situation and this operation can be performed by following the steps below.
Steps on how to wipe iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch without iTunes:
- Initially choose the Settings app.
- After opening the Settings app, afterwards tap on the “General” tab from the list provided.
- Subsequently, select “Reset” from the General tab.
- Here, list of options are provided on the screen under the Reset tab.
- Thereupon select “Erase All Content and Settings”.
- Succeeding these steps, a confirmation message appears. Thereafter Tap Erase iPod(or the specific device that the user is wiping at that point of time).
Tap the erase button once again when the second confirmation pops up after the user has tapped on the first confirmation.
Note: This process is not reversible. Therefore, take utmost care and ensure backup is provided before proceeding on such a task.
Performing this particular operation is responsible for erasing all Content, Email, Notes, Apps and Settings from your iOS device.