Don’t have a WiFi ? Bored of the slow 2G speed? Reverse Tethering is the simple solution to this problem.
While USB tethering uses the smartphone’s internet connection for your desktop, reverse tethering does the complete opposite. It makes use of the desktop’s internet connection for your android. It will give a very high internet speed compared to the 2G connection and will also save valuable data of your 2G plan. Downloading and updating apps from the Play Store is also possible. For this you just have to enable your mobile data. If you disable the mobile data reverse tethering will work but you won’t be able to use the Play Store.
Here is the tutorial for USB reverse tethering.
- Download the USB tunnel apk.
- Place the apk on your sdcard and install it using any file manager.
- Download the files for your desktop.
- Now connect your Android to your desktop via USB cable. Do not turn on USB storage.
- Now extract the file downloaded in Step 3.
- Open the folder. Open android tool application. Now click on Connect.