Samsung is known to produce good, solid phones with great build quality. The Samsung Galaxy R (I9103) is a good phone with decent Dual-core 1 GHz Cortex-A9 CPU and 1 GB of RAM.
However to harness the true potential of this device you must Root it. To Know more about rooting click here. Before you head over to continue with this tutorial I would advice you to see this article to learn how to backup data before rooting.
This is a very simple method to root your Galaxy R in about 5 minutes at the tops. This requires your phone to be running on Android Version 4.0.4(ICS).
Disclaimer: By following this tutorial you agree that the Rooting process will be implemented at your own risk. No member of this site will be responsible for any bricked phones!
- Download this Superuser flashable zip file
- Make sure your phone is running on Android version 4.0.4 (to Check, go to Settings> About phone> Android version)
- Connect the phone to your PC and place the downloaded zip file into your SD card.
- Power off the device.
- Now boot into recovery mode by pressing and holding Home button + Volume up + Power button together.
- Once in recovery mode, you can navigate between various options by using the volume up and volume down keys and home button to select an option. In this manner select the “Install zip from SD card” option from the menu.
- Select the “Superuser-3.2-RC3-arm-signed.zip” and Flash it.
- Once it’s flashed go back to the main menu and select the reboot system option to reboot your phone.
- Once rebooted, see your app drawer for an icon of Superuser. If you find the Superuser icon, you have successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy R(i9103). Congrats!