Samsung Galaxy S Plus is a pretty good successor to Galaxy S. With 512 MB RAM and 1.4 GHz processor this device packs a punch in the mid-range mobiles. One of the biggest advantages of a having a Samsung device is the easy rooting technique. It hardly takes 5 minutes of your time to root a samsung device and the advantages are limitless. (To see the benefits of rooting your android device you may see this article). Before you start with the tutorial here are a few tips that you can follow to prepare your device.
Disclaimer: By following this tutorial you agree that the Rooting process will be implemented at your own risk. No member of this site will be responsible for any bricked phones!
- Download Rooting package.
- USB cable.
- At least 50% battery charge.
- Connect the phone to your PC and place the downloaded zip file into your SDcard.
- Power off the device.
- Now boot into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume up + Power button together.
- Once in recovery mode, you can navigate between various options by using the volume up and volume down keys and home button to select an option. In this manner select the “Install zip from SD card” option from the menu.
- Select the “Root-i9001-signed.zip” and Flash it.
- Once it’s flashed go back to the main menu and select the reboot system option to reboot your phone.
- Once rebooted, see your app drawer for a icon of Superuser. If you find the Superuser icon, you have successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy S+(i9001). Congrats!