HTC Evo 4G was released around 2 years ago. It is an older device compared to the new ones but still it is very popular. There may be instances when the users would want to upgrade their phone with the latest software. For that purpose, a root is needed. So the individuals wanting to root their devices can follow the instructions given below. This rooting method is only for the Gingerbread version and for HTC Evo 4G. Do not try it on it’s variants.
- HTC drivers installed on the PC
- Bootloader of HTC Evo 4G must be unlocked
- Root Package of HTC Evo 4G
- Make a backup of entire data of your phone.
- Extract the Root package on the PC and make sure Fastboot.exe is on same folder of Root package.
- Switch off the phone and press and hold Volume up and Home buttons.
- You will enter the Bootloader Mode.
- Connect the phone to PC or Laptop using the USB cable.
- Open up the command prompt in windows by pressing and holding the Right Shift then enter the following command.
“fastboot flash recovery recovery.img”
- Wait for the recovery to Flash (install) on the Device.
- Select the bootloader for the device using power option.
- Now go to recovery and in the recovery menu choose USB-MS toggle option.
- Su binaries (“SuperSU v0.87.Zip”) are placed in the root of SD Card.
- Select the ”Update from Zip” option in the Recovery Boot Menu.
- Choose the zip from the SD card which you placed.
- Flash it and reboot the device.