Optimus G (E975) is the Second best device LG has to offer to their consumers. Optimise G is packed with a good configuration of Quad-core 1.5 GHz Krait, 2 Gb RAM and Adreno 320 GPU. Though not the best configuration it can be considered on the better half of the configurations available in the market. To reap the true potential of the device you can root the device by following the following guide. This guide can be used for any firmware (ICS and JB).
If you are still deciding whether to root or not refer this article it may help you make up your mind.
Disclaimer: Perform the procedure at your own risk. This site is not liable to any damaged devices.
- USB debugging (Settings>> Developer Options >> Android Debugging)
- Download Rooting package.
- USB Cord.
- Unzip the zip file you downloaded on the Desktop of your PC.
- On your Optimus G go to Settings > Storage > menu button > USB computer connection and disable MTP mode.
- Connect your device to the PC using USB.
- Open the folder you just unzipped.
- Run the CurrentRoot.bat.
- A command window will run and wait till it prompts you to turn MTP mode on.
- Follow Step 2 to enable MTP mode.
- Ignore any prompts from your PC when MTP mode is turned on.
- Press the Enter key in the command window to continue the process.
- Reboot the Device your device is successfully rooted.