The RAZR HD is a power packed phone by Motorola. With Dual-core 1.5 GHz CPU it turns out to be a powerful device. To complement it and boost the performance the device hosts an Adreno 225 GPU and 1 GB of RAM. Oozing with power, this beast of a phone waits to be unleashed by rooting it. To know more about rooting your android device see this article.
It may not be the fastest device in the market, but certainly a strong competitor to give it’s competition a tough fight. You can however tap into it’s true potential by rooting it. The process to root the device is described as below. However, this process is only for RAZR HD devices running ICS firmware.
Disclaimer: By following this tutorial you agree that no member of the site will be responsible for any damage caused by the rooting process. Follow the instructions carefully to avoid any unfortunate events.
- PC running on a windows platform.
- Motorola Drivers.
- Rooting Package.
- USB Debugging Enabled.
- USB cable.
- Firmware based on Android version 4.0.4
- On your phone go to the system settings > Developer Options > USB debugging.
- Install the Motorola drivers on your PC
- Unzip the rooting package to a location of your choice on your PC.
- Plug the phone to the PC via the USB cable.
- Run the batch file named as “Run” in the folder you unzipped in step 3.
- A Cmd window will pop up will look something like this:
- Follow Along the CMD Prompt for Progress & Let it Finish.