Smartwatches are fast becoming a rage in the technological world. Heavyweights such as Sony, Samsung, Apple, Blackberry, LG, Google have all been said to be linked with smartwatch development while some of them already having launched their products in the market. These devices lets users to check information in a more convenient way, without having to pull out your smartphones from your pockets. They allow users to take calls, send texts, check notifications and perform various other tasks. It thus acts as a supporting device to your smartphones.
Samsung entered the smartwatch market by launching the Galaxy Gear. Powered by a 800 MHz ARM processor and 512 MB RAM, the Gear has a 1.63″ Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 320×320 and 4 GB internal storage. It also features a 1.9 MP camera, Bluetooth 4.0 and a 315 mAh non-removable battery. It also has a microUSB port but no slot for expandable memory card. Currently, it only supports the Galaxy Note 3 and 10.1 with support for more devices to be made available later. We had previously seen how to install apps on the Galaxy Gear. Let us now see how you can root the device.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
- Download and install the Samsung ADB drivers on your windows computer.
- Connect the Galaxy Gear to your computer via USB and let it install the necessary drivers.
- Unzip the Cydia Impactor zip file and run Impactor.exe from it.
- Select “# drop SuperSU su to /system/xbin/su” from the list and then click on Start.
- After the process is completed, you can install SuperSU or Superuser on your Gear to complete the rooting process.