Samsung’s Galaxy Note series has been extremely successful due to the features that are unique to this series. Samsung recently launched the new Galaxy Note 3 with some added functionality. A good news for the Galaxy Note 2 users is that some of the features of the Note 3 are now available for the Galaxy Note 2.
XDA developers have created a ROM based on the leaked Android 4.3 Jelly Bean ROM of the Note 2 and have added some Note 3 features in this ROM. Some of the features available in this ROM – Air Command (Pen Window, Screen Writer, Scrapbook and Action Memo), Gallery, Launcher, Safety Assistance, S Note, Sketchbook, S Planner and much more. If you want to try it out on your Galaxy Note 2, follow the instructions given below
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. The writer cannot be held responsible for any bricked or unusable devices. Even though the chances of your Smartphone getting bricked are negligible, the owner of the device must take full responsibility of it!
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Galaxy Note 2:
- Make a Backup of the data on your phone
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 must be rooted
- Custom Recovery installed
- Android 4.3 ROM zip file
- Note 3 Browser zip file
- Patch zip file
Steps to Install the features on Samsung Galaxy Note 2:
- Create a Nandroid backup from recovery, in case anything goes wrong.
- Download the all the zip files and transfer it to the phone.
- Switch off the phone and boot the phone into Recovery mode.
- Go to “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, then choose “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- Wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the Android 4.3 ROM zip file.
- Next go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the Note 3 Browser zip file.
- Again go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Select the Patch zip file. This file is to fix the launcher force close issues.
- After the process is complete, reboot the phone.
- To activate Air Command, go to Settings >> My device >> S Pen >> Air Command.
Note: This ROM might have some small bugs.