After months of rumors and speculation, Samsung has finally made the Galaxy Note 3 official. It is the third device in Samsung’s Galaxy Note “Phablet” series. The Galaxy Note 3 comes with its new features and specifications. Lets have a look at it.
Features of Samsung Galaxy Note 3:
- My Magazine – My Magazine is a feature similar to the one that is found in the HTC One (BlinkFeed). It combines all the news and social feeds in a single place. It is created in partnership with Flipboard. Accessing My Magazine is fairly simple. You’ll have to swipe up from the homescreen, and then swipe from left to right to move through different types of content. In order to keep browsing the same category, you’ll have to swipe up and down for more items.
- Air Command – Using this feature will allow you to activate up to five actions from a single menu using the S Pen. Just hover the S Pen over the screen and then press the S Pen button. The five options will be visible to you on the screen.
- Galaxy Gear Manager – It will allow you to control your Galaxy Gear from the Note 3. Many actions can be performed – installing/uninstalling apps, changing background colors, etc.
- KNOX – KNOX is a special feature that will run and store security-sensitive applications and data inside a protected execution environment called ‘container.’
- Find My Phone – This will help you to track your lost mobile phone. You can also erase the data on the phone if it is lost thus providing better security.
In addition to these apps, the already existing Samsung apps like Group Play, Story Album, S Translator, Samsung Smart Scroll, Samsung Smart Pause, Air Gesture, Air View, Samsung Apps, Samsung Hub, ChatON, Samsung WatchON, S Voice, S Health, Samsung Adapt Display, Samsung Adapt Sound, Samsung Link, Screen Mirroring, Safety Assistance have been updated for better functionality.
Galaxy Note 3 Specifications:
- 151.2mm x 79.2mm x 8.3mm
- 5.7-inch SuperAMOLED 1080p display with 368 ppi pixel density
- 2.3GHz Snapdragon 800 processor, or 1.9GHz Samsung Exynos Octacore depending on market
- Android 4.3 Jelly Bean OS
- 13 megapixel rear camera, 2 megapixel front camera
- 3GB RAM
- 32 or 64GB storage
- MicroSDXC card storage expansion
- Bluetooth 4.0, WiFi 802.11ac, LTE Category 4
- 3,200 mAh battery
- LED/IR combo
The release date of the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is September 25. Although where it will be launched first is not known. The pricing details of the phone is also not yet available.