Setting up a password to the screen is an important aspect. The featuring of locking a handset by setting up a password for the lock screen is an interesting proposition altogether. It is mandatory to have a password set in various circumstances for security and confidentiality purposes. This is very essential in protecting the information and other stuff present on the handset. These resident documents might include some potential personal stuff or may be related various other confidential purposes. Hence, keeping it safe will require the user to set a password to provide security to the lock screen.
Generally, there is no security provided to the users on the Windows Phone 8 by default. This means that any unknown or known person can access your phone with any prior consideration or permission. It can be done by simply sliding the lock screen picture upward. Therefore, it is an necessary functionality to utilize the required aspect and manifest by providing a lock screen password for better security.
- At the beginning, you should go to Settings. This can be navigated by either selecting it from the app list or by selecting it from the live tiles.
- Here, you need to ensure that you are accessing the same in the system view. Afterwards, scroll down to choose the lock screen option.
- You will see a password option which is present at the bottom in the lock screen setting. It is turned off by default. If you need to turn this on, you should move the slider on the right hand side.
- After you turn the setting on, you are directed to a page asking you to create a password. At this point of time, the password usually is formed by numbers and it also must have six digits. The particularized aspect can be examined by viewing the Show password option. Thus, we can easily ensure whether we have entered the correct password for the same.
- Thereafter, you should go back again to the lock screen setting. Here, tap on require a password after option. All these tasks are only performed after a password is created.
- Subsequential to these tasks, you have to select right time for the password to be asked during the time you unlock the device. The general consensus will be to repeatedly change the setting at various time intervals. Therefore you can configure it based on your needs.
- Eventually you can test password locking-unlocking the device.