Sony Xperia X10 is one of the older Android devices. One may think that all the developments for this phone have been stopped. But even now the developers are working hard to introduce additional features to this device. Sony Xperia X10 users now have a camera mod for their stock ROM to help make the most of the device’s 8MP shooter and Zeiss glass.
Some of the features of this camera mod include:
- AudioShutter Fix
- Enchanced Bass
- Increased JPEG quality
- Misc encoder tweaks
- Panorama tweaks
- Modified Camera App
- Changed all res images to newer ones
- Decreased camera wait delay
- Decreased Video service delay
- Increased Image capturing speed
- Decreased Face Detection delay
- Video Capturing quality increased
- Image quality increase
- Decreased all possible HW-SW i/o relation delays
- Recent media thumbnail quality increased
- Fixed init.d tweak
- Added NeoReader app
- Raised Video capturing fps limit from 24 to 30
The panorama feature is the one which excites many users. In addition to the above mentioned features, there are many more things that have been added to the camera mod. This mod will work only on the stock based ROMs and not in any custom ROMs. Just follow the instructions given below to install this mod on the Sony Xperia X10.
- Sony Xperia X10 must be rooted.
- xRecovery installed.
- Camera Mod zip file.
- Download the Camera Mod zip file and place it on the root of the SD card.
- Now boot in to the xRecovery.
- Go to “Wipe cache partition” and clear the cache.
- Now go to “Advanced options” and delete the dalvik cache.
- Go to “Install custom zip” and select the file downloaded in step 1.
- After a few seconds the process will be completed. Just reboot the phone.