There are a dozen tweaks and scripts out there available on the internet to speed up your phone, increase battery life, optimize performance, etc. Not all actually work and most of then do nothing at all. However a few, different from the rest, work wonders like the Thunderbolt! script.
Thunderbolt! is developed by pikachu01 at XDA Developers.
Thunderbolt! aims at the following :
- Better performance and better battery life by tweaking the android kernel.
- Better battery life and performance through usage of screenstate_scaling.
- Better performance and battery life for database writes.
- Better network speed by tweaks to TCP and 3G
- Less RAM usage through zipalign.
- Reduced /dbdata, /data, /sdcard usage of *.db files and faster database access through defragmentization of sqlite db files.
- Multitasking by applying Thunderbolt! value in the supercharger script.