Many custom recoveries have been developed for the Android platform. Some prefer the ClockworkMod recovery. While others prefer the TWRP recovery because of it’s ease of use and customization in mind. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. The user can change just about every aspect of the look and feel. No other recovery gives such customization options to the users.
There’s a good news for the TWRP recovery fans. TWRP recovery has been updated to the version 184.108.40.206. The developer has added more features in this update of the TWRP. In the previous version of TWRP, a feature to turn off the screen to save battery while in recovery was added. An now in this version, the user can not only select the timeout period, but even the screen brightness can be tweaked as well. Partition handling and selection has been vastly improved, and it is now easier to use thanks to the implementation of a scrollable list.
Other changes that can be found in TWRP recovery version 220.127.116.11:
- Re-work AOSP and TWRP code to improve license compatibility between GPL and Apache
- Added official theme for 1080×1920 portrait devices (HTC One, HTC Droid DNA, HTC Butterfly, Oppo Find 5, Sony Xperia Z, etc)
- Fixed a problem with directory permissions on split archive backups (backups usually restored with no app data)
- Fixed a problem with md5 verification of backups
- Added a search function to libtar (thanks to kokotas)
- Improve handling of XML errors (fix permissions)
- Add new SliderValue GUI element for selecting brightness and screen timeout
- Fixed handling of subpartitions
- Improvements to recovery.fstab flags
- Fixed a problem with decryption not being able to locate the decryption key in some situations
It should be noted that if the user is using a custom theme, then he/she should delete the theme before updating to the version 18.104.22.168. This is because this version will not be compatible with the new changes.