In this age of technology, everyone has a dozen accounts with different passwords. It happens to all of us on regular basis we sometimes tend to forget passwords. Everyone own a smartphone and we usually protect it by applying a lock screen password; in an android it is implemented by pattern lock. Pins and passwords are easy to remember but inconvenient to type every time you unlock your device. Pattern looks are much more easier to draw but on the other hand you can tend to forget the pattern. What happens when you forget the pattern lock code of you android. Loosing access to your smartphone is a nightmare for any person!
Not to worry, android provides a very easy technique to gain access back into your device. When you buy a new android device you have to associate a Google account with the device. it is with the help of this account that you can regain access to your device.
Let’s have a look at what steps to follow when you forget your pattern lock on your android device.
- Enter the wrong pattern 10 times.
- You will get a pop up to wait for 30 seconds before you can try again.
- At that moment you’ll have a button “forgotten pattern?” at the bottom of the screen, press it.
- Now You’ll be asked to enter the username and password of the Google account that you have associated with the phone.
- Enter the Username and password and viola! You regain access to your android device.
But what if you don’t remember your Google account password as well? If you loose access to your Google account as well, you still can regain access to your phone the hard way. Factory Reset! You will loose all data from your phone, apps, contacts, etc.
To do so follow the following procedure:
- you must power down your device by pulling out the battery.
- Now power on by pressing volume down + home + power button to enter recovery mode(works for most devices, find out the correct method to enter recovery for your device)
- Once in recovery mode navigate to factory reset and and select it.
- Once the factory reset is done reboot your system and regain the control over your device.
Note: some phones have to be pre-rooted to have recovery. For such phones you cannot factory reset your device.