In a previous article I had explained methods to unlock your device when you forget the password. However those methods required you to remember your Google account’s password too. But what if you forget that too? There was another way which included doing a factory reset, but that tends to loose all your data. However, there is one method that can help you unlock your phone when you forget your password. This method is described as below.
- Android SDK installed on your PC or download this ADB-Fastboot package
- USB cable
- (Possible amnesia to forget your password)
- Go to the folder where Android SDK is installed normally “C:/Users/username/android-sdks/platform-tools” or if you don’t have Android SDK download the provided package and unzip it at a convenient location.
- Once in the folder where adb is located press “shift + right click” and select “open command window here”
- Now connect your locked device to the PC.
- Type the following code in cmd:
update system set value=0 where name=’lock_pattern_autolock’;
update system set value=0 where name=’lockscreen.lockedoutpermanently’;
(press enter key after every line)
- Now type
to restart your device.
- Close that cmd window and follow step 2 again to open a new cmd window.
- Once the device has restarted type the following line in cmd:
adb shell rm /data/system/gesture.key
- Now simply enter any pattern and the phone should unlock
- No go to “Settings>>Lock Screen>>Screen Security” and disable or set a new lock code.