Suppose you want to bring back the SD card to its original state. Or make a bigger partition. For this purpose you will have to unpartition the SD card i.e delete the second part of the SD card. You will need a software named MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition 7.0.
Here is a simple tutorial for deleting the second part of your SD card.
- You will loose all the data on your SD card. So backup all the apps. Also backup all the other data on your PC.
- Download MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition and Install it on your PC.
- Connect your phone to PC using a USB.
- Run ‘MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition’ application. Go to Start>>All Programs>>MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition>> MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition to run the app.
- Now see the Disk 2 part on the application. This is our SD card. You can match your SD card’s size with the Disk 2’s size to be sure.
- In the Disk 2 part (or your SD card’s partition), note the file system of two partitions. One should be FAT32 and other will be Ext 3 or Ext 4 depending upon your sd-ext’s File System.
- Delete the partition whose File System is Ext 3/Ext 4. Right Click on the Partition and then choose Delete.
- Now select the FAT32 partition, Right Click on it and choose Move/Resize. Drag the right arrow to the end and fill the grey background.
- Now you will be left with only one partition and that is the FAT32 of your system. Now just press the apply button on the toolbar.
You have successfully unpartitioned your SD card!