Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 was launched last year. It is one of Samsung’s best selling devices. It has a 4.8″ 720p display. It was also the first device to have a quad-core Exynos 4412 processor, with each core clocked at a maximum 1.4 GHz. It is equipped with 1GB of RAM.
The official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware for the Galaxy S3 I9300 has been leaked. It has some of the features that are seen in the Galaxy S4 as well as the Galaxy Note 3. However KNOX is not integrated into this update. So if you want to update the the Galaxy S3 to Android 4.3, follow the instructions given below.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Galaxy S3 I9300:
- Make a Backup of the SMSs, Call logs and Contacts using the Super Backup App
- Make a Backup of the data on your phone
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Make sure the device has at least 60% charging
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
Steps to Install Android 4.3 on Galaxy S3 I9300:
- Make a backup of your data.
- Extract the contents of Odin3 3.09.zip on your computer and install Odin on the PC.
- Turn off the phone and make sure it is not connected to the computer.
- Boot the phone into Download Mode by switching it off and then simultaneously pressing the Volume Down + the Home key button. While holding these both buttons, you need to switch on your device.
- Open Odin. Connect your phone to the computer and allow the drivers to install. You will see the “Added!!” message on Odin. If it doesn’t appear, make sure you have properly installed the USB drivers for your phone.
- Download the Android 4.3 zip file on the computer. Extract it.
- Add AP_I9300XXUGMJ9_1902166_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md 5 to AP.
- Add BL_I9300XXUGMJ9_1902166_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md 5 to BL.
- Add MODEM_I9300BUUGMJ3_REV02_REV04_CL1413323.tar.md5 to CP.
- Add CSC_VFG_I9300VFGGMJ5_1986192_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5 to CSC.
- Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked.
- Click the Start button in Odin and wait for a few moments.
- Your phone will automatically reboot. Done!