The Android 4.4.2 update is now available for the T-Mobile, Unlocked and Developer Edition variants of the Motorola Moto X. The 146.7 MB file can be downloaded via OTA and can be installed on your phone to update it to the latest Android version. The update brings about support for printing photos and documents via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and hosted services, improved battery life and fix for a bug which caused delays in email synchronization. If you are yet to receive the update via OTA, you can follow the below steps and flash the update through recovery and experience the latest Android OS on your Moto X.
Disclaimer: Follow the instructions at your own risk. If the device gets damaged, the writer or the owner of the site must not be held responsible.
Pre-requisites and Backing up your Motorola Moto X:
- Backup and Restore your Android smartphone via Desktop PC
- Backup/Sync and Restore contacts on Android smartphone
- Backup WhatsApp messages on Android Smartphone and Email
- T-Mobile / Unlocked / Developer Edition Motorola Moto X must be running on pure stock firmware
- Official Android 4.4.2 zip file
- Download the official Android 4.4.2 zip file and copy it to the root of the internal storage of your Moto X.
- Turn off your device and boot into bootloader mode by pressing the Volume Down + Power buttons for at least 5 seconds and then releasing them.
- Now press the Volume Down button to navigate to “Recovery” and press the Volume Up button to enter it.
- You will now see “No Command” on your screen. Press the Volume Up + Power buttons to show the recovery menu.
- Next press the Volume Down button to navigate to “apply update from sd card” and then press the Power button to select it.
- Now use the Volume buttons to navigate to the Android 4.4.2 zip file which you had copied to your phone and then press the Power button to select it.
- The update will now be installed on your device. After it is completed, your device will automatically reboot and will be updated to Android 4.4.2.