It was a major surprise when Google put an end to the regarding the support it provided for Exchange ActiveSync on all the platforms except Android. This was disclosed out with respect to an announcement made recently. It was a detrimental development for the iOS users due to the fact that plenty users were employing this service on stock iOS apps. This operation was done in order to sync their Gmail, Google contacts and calendar data in sync with other devices. However, if the user manages to set up CardDAV on his/her iPhone, iPad and iPod touch the individual is allowed to sync Google contacts on these respective iOS devices. The procedure below dishes out a guide on how to sync your calendar data to Gmail / Google ID using the CalDAV protocol.
- At the beginning, go to the Settings app on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. Thereafter, select the Mail, Contacts, Calendars option.
- After you enter the Mail, Contacts, Calendars option, you need to tap on the Add Account option before you select Other.
- Perform the selection of the Add CalDAV Account option which is displayable from the list on the particular device.
- At this point of time, you need to fill in a few details before you plan to proceed ahead to execute this task. Now, you should fill the respective fields as they are given below: Server: google.comUsername: Enter the email address pertaining to the associated Google account.Password: Thereafter, the password should be entered which is associated with the Google account from above.Description: This aspect needs to be filled just for information purpose only. You will have to enter a description of the account.
- Thereupon, please Select the next button for continuing the process ahead and completing the same. This is present on the top of the page and it should be selected from there. The Next button is grayed out if the fields that are required to be filled haven’t been filled as per the requirements.
Once you complete these tasks, you are allowed to utilize CalDAV for the purpose of syncing your calendar data with your Gmail account.