The individuals having a HTC Android Smartphone have the beautiful Sense firmware which makes their Android experience much better. The Widgets that are offered by Sense have an amazing UI which are not seen in any other firmware. Especially, the Photo Frame/Grid Widget has won many admirers. But this was available only for the Sense based ROMs. However, XDA Forum Member itandy has made an app which enables the individuals to use the Photo Frame/Grid Widget on any Android device running on Ice Cream Sandwich and above.
Photo Frame/Grid Widget aims to bring most functionality of the Sense Widget while retaining an individual’s right to run AOSP, TW, or any kind of ROM he/she wants to have on the Android device. The user can choose from either design, and the grid sizes as well as spacing between pictures can be fully customized. The Photo Frame/Grid Widget also enables the users to have multiple Widgets for different albums.
Some features are :
- Ability to resize & scroll the grid view/photo frame mode
- Support for the lock-screen widget in Jelly Bean
- The user can configure slideshow interval for frame mode
- Supports JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP, MPO, JPS image formats
- Configurable file types & filename filter
- The user can select a photo album from external storage
- It enables to choose a specific installed app to launch for full screen view
- Image file details in preview mode (file-name, image dimension and file size)
- This app supports different settings in multiple widget instances
- It has two different thumbnail styles – Scale whole image/Crop to fit
- Six different thumbnail size options
- Display order options
- Change widget settings on the fly
The Photo Frame/Grid Widget is still undergoing some development. So there is a possibility that it might not work on all Android devices. Due to a bug in Android 4.2 SDK, if the user removes the Widget in lock-screen, he/she needs to remove it’s settings in the app as well manually.
Photo Frame/Grid Widget is a free app available on the Google Play Store. Download it from here.