Moto E was launched last year and it turned out to be a huge success. Its lower price tag combined with reasonable specs made it a great buy. This year 2nd Gen Moto E was launched and it followed the same pattern.
Aside from the price and specs, another advantage of buying Moto E is official Android updates. Verizon Moto E (2nd Gen) has now started receiving the official Android 5.1 OTA.
This update will bring a host of new improvements and bug fixes:
- Notifications and improvements: Blocks interruptions until the next alarm. You can choose to enter a scheduled downtime early.
- Heads-up notifications: In addition to dismissing a heads-up notification, you can now swipe it up to remove it from your screen. It will remain in your notifications tray and you can dismiss it later.
- Quick notifications: You can quickly select different Wi-Fi access points or different paired Bluetooth devices with a new pull-down menu on each tile.
- Device Protection feature: You can quickly select different Wi-Fi access points or different paired Bluetooth devices with a new pull-down menu on each tile. Conditional settings tiles that only show if you use the feature – like Invert Colours or Hotspot – can now be hidden.
- New lockscreen: If you have enabled Ambient Display, the minimum swipe distance has increased to reduce accidental interactions.
If you have still not received the update, you can manually check it by going to Settings >> About Phone >> System Updates.